Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Composition 2

For this image I also decided to use an object, a person, and a background. The graffiti background was a picture of a wall that I took in the city. I then also put the picture of the fire hydrant in the bottom left of the picture and added shadows to it so that it would look more realistic. I then put the picture of the skateboarder in and had to fix his contrast and brightness so that it would look like he fit into the picture more. I then had to copy the paste that overlaps his arm and had to copy it over his arm so that it would look like he was behind the post. His shirt originally had a design on it so I used the clone tool to get rid of it and make it a completely white shirt. I then decided to lighten his shirt so that you could see the background behind it but it still looks as if he would be wearing that shirt with a graffiti design on it. The parts that i kind of struggles was trying to get him in the picture without making him look like he was just pasted in. I had to blur the edges so that they weren't too sharp and would look unrealistic. Another slight problem was the shadow under the skateboard because again the burn tool was changing the pavement a strange unnatural color. Over all I feel like this was a successful piece because everything in the piece is realistic and could be happening in real life. I like the touch of surrealism that I added by making the skateboarders shirt see through to make it look like the graffiti design was matching the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment