Friday, April 30, 2010

Self-Portrait Illustrator


For my second project done in illustrator I decided to first take the same picture of me as the first self portrait except I flipped it around. I then changed it to grayscale mode and live traced it using only 5 shades of gray. I then put another layer on top of it and used C's that were the same shade as the grayscale piece to fill it in appropriately to make it look more like my face. I decided to do the hair in a way that the C's are all facing different directions to give it a more hair like effect. For the skin i just left all the C's the normal way. I struggled slightly with this piece because there were so many of the same colored C's to deal with and they kept getting lost throughout the process. I feel though that this is a pretty successful piece because of the fact that it has the outline of my face and when viewed from a distance looks like an actual black and white version of a face.

No comments:

Post a Comment